Thursday, May 03, 2007

difficult decisions...

well, i made 3 hard scrapping-related decisions today. first of all, i am not going to try out for the little dreamer designs CT. this is huge--i LOVE michelle coleman's work, and i have been waiting for her to do a call. now, my chances of making it were slim at best, but i don't feel like i have the time to devote right now, and i had to be honest about that. also, i resigned two of my other CTs....again, very hard decisions. i have tremendous respect for both designers, but i needed to cut down. i am only waiting to hear about one CT call: weeds & wildflowers. they posted on their blog that the announcement will be sunday, and if i am lucky enough (again, i will say it once again, snowball's chance) to get that, i will take it. but i have vowed not to apply for any more CTs for a while. i realized this week that it has been a long time since i scrapped for me, for pleasure, and i feel like i will have a little more time to do that now...as my friend trish said today, "yep, you are like me. you tend to make hobbies into jobs." she is exactly right! :) i hate to let people down, and i hate to quit anything, but i feel like i am making the right decision for me.

on top of that, i am pretty sure i have a sinus infection. stuffy head, general fatigue, aching face and teeth. i am taking some antihistamine/decongestants, and i am hoping to avoid a trip to the doctor and antibiotics...

i'll be around more later--hope you all had a good day!

3 comments:

Amy W. said...

Those are hard decisions. I'm glad you chose what would make you happy! The W&W team would be awesome if you make it and if you don't make the permanent team you could still be a guest CT and that'd be cool. I agree that too many CTs can make scrapping less fun. I hope you have a great evening!
Hugs,
-Amy

Rona said...

Sorry you had to make those difficult decisions, Elizabeth. And I totally understand how sometimes something fun in the beginning becomes a chore sometime after. I try and take a few days away from scrapping to regenerate ME...and yes, to scrap for ME, too.

Good luck with the w&w call though!

Rachael said...

I can totally relate to that! Making it a job sucks the life right out of the fun!