Sunday, September 14, 2008

an inside, quiet day...

we are having an inside afternoon today. cater was so tired in church that we left early, and he cried after we left and told me he was soooo tired. he hasn't complained that i have confined him to the house, which is how i knew he needs some rest. so, we are having in inside, quiet day watching national treasure 2

yesterday actually turned into an okay day.  i got a lot accomplished--i vacuumed the house, swept the kitchen, cleaned the kitchen, washed sheets & towels, and picked up a lot of clutter.  the kids were pretty good, too, in spite of how grumpy i was from lack of sleep.  

then last night they went to church for parent's night out, and i had a mani/pedi/brow wax & ate at panera.  it was nice to have some time alone, and it helped me to get excited about my trip! :)

kevin sent a picture of his sightseeing yesterday.   here he is, riding a camel to the pyramids:




i cried when i saw it at first because i was jealous, but then i realized i am being a spoiled brat--seriously, listen to me complaining because i just get to go to paris. please, i need to get over myself!! kevin says egypt is a strange place--he has a whole new understanding of "third world" now...i hope to get there someday to see for myself. but i am glad he i okay, and i cannot wait to meet him in paris!

3 comments:

Nydia said...

Is so awesome when we have those quiet moments for ourselves! And hope you have a great trip to paris!

Sara E said...

alone pampering spa time is always so nice... and such a rarity for me too

have a blast in Paris! I hope you can sneak away to the French countryside, that's where it's really beautiful

ScrapShana said...

Paris??? Can't wait to see those pictures! Lovely place I hear. :)