Thursday, February 22, 2007

my husband is so sweet...

you know, it is always the little things that get me!

last night i called dh on his way home and begged him to get us takeout for dinner. now, i was thinking our normal chicken fingers or burgers, right? well, he went to our favorite local italian restaurant and he brought home my absolute favorite meal: angel hair dalvina with salad and garlic rolls & a CANNOLI!!! i don't know why i was so touched, but i almost cried!! it was just such an unexpected treat! and i was reminded right there: this is why i LOVE this man! the little things....he is great at the little things! so we ate our dinner, and then after the kids went to bed, i ate my cannoli and we watched american idol together! it was a good night.

otherwise, dd left today to spend the weekend with my inlaws, but i did a sweet layout of her:



i used rachael giallongo's "seasons collection: winter" #3 & michelle coleman's awesome "feeling groovy" paper & elements!

hope you all have a good day!

6 comments:

Lori said...

That's such an adorable page Elizabeth.. left you some love at DST earlier! What a sweetheart your dh was... hope you enjoyed your dinner!

The Kilps Family said...

I just discovered your blog today at DST. It's really nice. I scrolled down and read your letter to the child you miscarried. What a beautiful letter. It made me cry. I also lost a baby to a miscarriage back in Oct. 2004. Your words expressed so much of what I feel about my own baby. Thanks for sharing this letter.

Karen

Michelle Godin said...

you lucky girl!!! it really is the little things that matter most sometimes isn't it? now i'm jonesing for a cannoli . .. LOL!

Amanda said...

Oh - I love sweet hubbys when they do such super sweet stuff!!! Isn't it nice to "pampered" a little every once in a while?! Your LO in this post and your blog header are great!

Not Everyones Mama said...

That was so sweet of your husband! Beautiful LO! Of course you have a gorgeous little subject to work with! Have a great weekend!

Rachael said...

Your layout is gorgeous! How wonderful that your hubby surprised you with such a great treat! You deserve it! :)