Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Children Today (DSP Prompt 9/5)

Prompt: "Don't miss out on who you are today by focusing on what you want to become tomorrow."
OR you can adjust it to be about a child/grandchild. Consider what you love about your child RIGHT NOW. What are his/her unique blessings and talents TODAY? How has being in this particular child's life changed YOUR life?

I could write a book about myself on this prompt, but instead I think I will focus on my children.

My DS: I love right now that he is still young enough to want to kiss and cuddle with me sometimes! I know the day is coming when this will not be the case...he turns 6 next month. I love listening to him sing in the car or anywhere else. He has a beautiful little voice, and it is such a surprise from such an "all boy" little boy! I love his passion for anything that roars or has sharp teeth or runs fast or has venom--he is obsessed with Animal Planet! :)

He changed my life because he was my firstborn, and he was not an easy baby or toddler. He is strong-willed and intelligent and sometimes he makes me crazy. But I never, ever imagined I could love another human being like I love him...From the moment he was born, I felt this crazy sense of healing. I still mourned my father, even though it had been a few years, and I felt in so many ways like a little girl still. When I looked into his eyes for the first time, though, I felt like it was all okay. His very life helped me to make sense of a lot of pain...He is a blessing!

My DD: What is not to love about an almost 2 year old? I love how she loves to sing but how it is slightly off key. And I love that she sings, "For the Bible tells me soooooaaaapppp." She has the sweetest smile; it lights up her face, and it is made even more special by the fact that she doesn't give her smiles away easily. I even love that I still get to change her diapers. We talk and sing and talk about the characters on the diaper, etc. It is so cute when she says, "Eh-mo!!!" (Elmo)

She changed my life because, first of all, I had desperately wanted a baby, and it took me almost 2 years to conceive her. She was a child I had dreamed about and wanted and cried over...And she was a GIRL! Even if I never had another, my son had a sibling and I had a boy & a girl. Simple, I know, but important to me. She is also strong-willed and intelligent and makes me crazy, too!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Enjoy every minute that they make you "crazy" cuz it's so worth it!! What wonderful journaling -- now go place it on scrapbook pages for their albums.

heather said...

Yeah - they make you crazy sometimes! LOL and it is so worth it isn't it!?? I love your comments about how you felt when your first was born... I felt very much the same when mine was born.. it's a pretty amazing time... so glad you got the girl you'd dreamed of!!

loonyhiker said...

I love hearing about how you dd sings. That really made me smile. Your kids sound wonderful!