Friday, August 25, 2006

Random Acts of Kindness (DSP Blog 8/25)

Prompt: If you were able to, what 3 random acts of kindness would you do where no one would know that you did it?

This one is a toughy, in a way, but I do have a couple of ideas, all depend upon me winning the lottery, mind you:

1. I would pay off my best friend's house, cars, everything, and I would put money in trust for all of my godchildren to have money for college. They work so hard and have accomplished so much in one generation (first to graduate college, own a home, etc), and I think to be relieved of that burden would be so awesome for them. But I would do it in such a way so that they would never be able to prove it was me because I would not want them to ever feel beholden, ya know?

2. I would buy my husband a big truck and a boat and a house at the lake...he works so hard and I think if we hadn't married, he would be living in a shack on the lake, fishing a lot and being solitary...maybe not a random act of kindness, but an act of kindness nonetheless...

3. I would, hmmm..., third one is harder.....I would pay for all of my friends to go through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University--there is no gift like financial independence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that it would be difficult to keep an act of kindness anonymous if you didn't spend money. I like you list though.

heather said...

Great list. Wouldn't it be hard to be a super rich person and have to decide who you could and couldn't help...