Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Showing Love (DSP Prompt 8/29)

Prompt:
What do you do to let others know you love them?
What do others do that make you feel loved?

Gosh, what do I do to let others know I love them? The first thing that came to mind is that I let my family know I love them by cooking for them, doing laundry, carting them around, etc...But more importantly, I try to take some time to play with my family, even if it is as simple as dancing to a song or singing with them or reading a book. I hope I let my friends know them by remembering little things and being available to them.

I am so super blessed because lots of people show my how much they love me:

My dh has stuck with me for a little over 10 years now (if you include the time we dated), and that is a show of love in and of itself!! :)

My kids are always so happy to see my when I have been away, even for a short time. And it makes me feel loved to see their smiling faces.

My friends are the best--Trish has many times dropped whatever she was doing to keep my child/ren. Just yesterday morning when I was late taking Cater to school, she waited at school so that she could walk him in and I could go on to work. It is small things like that make me know I am loved...It is not unusual to get a phone message or little email from my friends that says nothing more than "Hello--I love you" (in a nutshell).

Did I mention I was blessed?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet. Pan calls me almost daily just to say I Love You. And if I don't answer he leaves it as a message. You are definitely blessed.

Glynis said...

What a wonderful post. It's so good for us to step back and reflect on the people in our lives and be grateful for them.

ArtcTrish said...

My pleasure...you'd do it for me:)