Friday, October 13, 2006

If I could chose a different occupation...(DSP Prompt 10/13)

Prompt: Would you choose differently if you could choose your occupation again? Why? How?

You know, I wouldn't chose a different occupation if I could...I might take a more direct approach to get here, however. I am a college English instructor, and I really do love it! It is not what I intended to do with my life, mind you. I wanted to have 4 children and stay at home and homeschool them, etc. But sometimes God has plans for us that don't necessarily jive with our own plans--and I am thankful for it! When had trouble conceiving our second child, I decided to go back to graduate school in an effort to figure out what to do with my life if I wasn't going to be able to have a bunch of children. And here I am now! I have a degree, I teach parttime, my children are in school, and I am happy...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

And that's the way it should be. Congrats.

heather said...

Things don't always go to plan I guess, but glad things worked out so well for you! I LOVE your last sentence! That is my life next year (I hope)

Glynis said...

Good for you! It's so much better to happy with where we are, than yearning for things that are not to be...but you can't give up on dreams either. I guess there's a happy medium--and you might have found it!

loonyhiker said...

I tell my disabled students that it is not the route they take to get there that's important, its the end result that counts. Glad you are happy!

Lena Brandenburg said...

I'm glad you are happy :D You are an inspiration! ~Lena

carin.c said...

Yes sometimes there is a bigger plan and sometimes all we have too do is embrace it... I'm working on that myself. :)