Monday, October 09, 2006

Recipes or Seasonal Foods (DSP Prompt 10/9)

Oh, I love this time of year because of the comfort food! :)

I am a crazy woman for good pecan pie, and my MIL starts making it for events all holiday season. I swear I gain 5 lbs every year off of her pecan pie alone!

This fall I am going to do a lot of yam recipes--I like yams, but I am doing primarily for medicinal reasons. Apparently yams can help improve egg quality and strength of ovulation, and since I am trying to get pregnant without the use of fertility drugs (at least right now), I am trying to get excited about YAMS. Any good yam recipes, girls? I need them!

Otherwise, I am actually having Christmas day at my house this year, and I have no idea what to cook...

Thanks for reading my rambilng today!

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I cook sweet potatoes and then peel the skin off. I slice them about 1/2 in thick. I layer them in a pan, sprinkle them wiht brown sugar and cinnamon. I put a thin slice of butter on top of each circle and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 min. Maybe you will like these.

Unknown said...

I've had it both ways that Loonyhiker and Rusheika have. Have also had mashed yams with butter, milk and salt, instead of white potatoes. Nice change from mashed potatoes, but it is sweeter.

carin.c said...

Love yams peeled and cut in chunks and suteed in butter with lots of brown sugar til brown & gooey... tastes awesome if you have a sweet tooth like me... not sure what it does to the yam qualities you are looking for!