Tuesday, January 16, 2007

a new week....sort of :)

a new week, at least work-wise. i so did not want to get up this morning. evie catherine as up from 3:30am-4:30am, and it is becoming a real habit for her. she is transitioning out of her crib, and wants to sleep in her tinkerbell sleeping bag. the problem is that she doesn't know what to do with all that freedom and access to mommy & daddy. we are going to get her a mattress, maybe this weekend. she has decided she hates her crib! i remember that cater had a little bit of a transition and woke up early, etc when we were going through this with him, so i know it will pass. but i am TIRED! i am still fighting this cold, and i know one reason it is hanging on is because i am not getting enough sleep.

on a good note: i got an awesome, awesome email this morning!! RACHAEL GIALLONGO has asked to be on her duplicates CT! oh, and did i mention that FAITH TRUE invited me to be on her CT as well?!! i am simply thrilled--my friend trish was so sweet about it. she said, "i am not surprised! you are good, elizabeth." she is so good to me! and speaking of, she also got on faith true's CT, so i get to be on a CT with my best friend! tell me that isn't so cool!!! i am on 5 CTs, which is my limit (at least for right now).

it is so weird to have come such a long way in such a short time! my scrapping has improved so much in the past couple of months since i have been active at DST. i tell my students all the time: "the more good writing you read, the better writer you will become!" i think it is the same with scrapping: "the more good digital scrapbook art you see, the better your scrapping becomes!" the exposure to such amazing talent has really encouraged me to step it up, and i am so thankful for that!

kevin came home last night--he enjoyed hiking, but i know he missed us so much. we fell asleep holding hands last night, which doesn't happen that often, but makes me feel loved in a way that i can't explain. holding hands is so intimate to me, and when he reached over for my hand and kissed it, i felt so cherished.

i hope to finish my first layout for faith and rachael today--i'll post it when i am done.

oh, and an update on ebay: last i checked, i already had 12 bids!!!

7 comments:

ymA said...

Oh, I feel your pain! I'm tired too -lol. My 2 year old does not sleep through the night yet. We co-sleep and he ill with a cold, so I have been up @Midnight, 3AM, 4AM, with him wanting me to rock in the chair. As much as I love to cuddle, ugh not when I am tired.

Margie said...

Congrats on your CT's!!That's exciting news!

Paula May said...

Congrats on your CTs! I've worked with some of Faith's kits, I love her stuff! And I remember the days of waking up in the middle of the night too. It's not forever though, it'll pass. :) I found you on DST! :)

Melanie said...

Wow! Congrats on your new CTs! How wonderful!! :) I hear you on being tired and just craving sleep! Nothing is worse than that feeling! Hopefully you'll get some good rest VERY soon!

Stephanie said...

CONGRATS!! That's wonderful news. I love what you said about holding hands and him kissing your hands, it's those little things that just don't happen enough that make a marriage really cool!

Unknown said...

So much going on and many congratulations. Having raised 3 and now working on 2 grands, it will pass and things will fall into place. I'm excited for your CTs and look forward to seeing your work.

Brandi said...

I'm tired too - I have a 2 month old. Those are some GREAT CTs to be on! Congratulations!